Catalyst Paper commits to its customers that it will provide products that conform to recognized environmental protection standards. This commitment starts with the procurement and subsequent use of wood fibre in the Company’s manufacturing process.
The Company relies on professional, independent third parties to verify that the wood fibre used within its products
• Is not sourced from illegally harvested wood
• Is not harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights
• Is not harvested from forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities
• Is not from plantations or lands being converted into plantations or non-forest use
• Is not from genetically modified trees
• Is not in violation of any International Labour Organization Core Conventions
Catalyst Paper is a strong supporter of supply chain transparency through recognized, third party certification systems that are independently verified to ensure fibre meets important standards of conservation and sustainability. These standards include the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI).
Catalyst Paper undertakes continual review and improvement of its chain of custody systems including their alignment and integration with our company-wide environmental management system.Catalyst also commits to protect its workers with active occupational health and safety programs.
President and Chief Executive Officer